Having served for twelve years on Port Moody City Council, I have the experience, knowledge and history to contribute to continued good governance of our community.
My diverse background includes 30 years of working in government, private sector and non-profit organizations as well as having run my own home-based business. I believe this helps in my bringing a unique, well-rounded perspective to the role of City Councillor.
· As a nine-year employee of the Federal Government, working in various departments, I have learned how government systems and bureaucracies work.
· As an employee working in the private sector, I gained an understanding of the challenges facing small business owners.
· As the owner of a home-based consulting and contracting business for six years, specializing in providing services to local government clients, I gained insights as to issues and challenges facing municipalities and how they operate.
· As a manager of operations for the non-profit Fraser Basin Council for over 8 years, I have become a passionate voice for sustainability.
· For the past three years, I have been working in administration and community relations for Pacific Coast Terminals, located here in Port Moody.
During four terms on Council, I have had the opportunity to chair almost every civic committee and have championed and facilitated numerous initiatives including:
- Port Moody becoming the first municipality in BC to ban cosmetic pesticides
- The creation of the Port Moody Spike Awards recognizing business excellence
- Development of the Community Sustainability Plan and Sustainability Checklist
- Establishment of a Financial Tax Incentive for the renovation of heritage homes
- A summer food cart program to supplement the Summer Sunday Concert Series in Rocky Point Park
- The return of a Community Parade to Port Moody
Specific details of my civic contributions over the years can be found under the Civic Leadership tab on this website.
As a long-standing and committed volunteer in the community, I have been honoured to share my time and energy contributing to the recreational, social and cultural well-being of our community.
- The Terry Fox Run: Run-Day Assistant
- Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation: Gala Committee Member
- Tri-Cities Oscar Party: Founder, Annual Fundraising Event
- Crossroads Hospice Society: Board of Directors, President
- Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce: City Hall Representative
- SHARE Family Services: Organizer of City Hall Food Bank Challenge
- Golden Spike Days: Board of Directors, Secretary and Volunteer Coordinator
- PoCoMo Youth Services Society: Board of Directors
- District 43 Parent Advisory Council: Executive, Secretary and President
- Port Moody Aquarians Swim Club: Board of Directors, Team Manager
- Girl Guides of Canada: Leader
Raise a Reader Fundraising, 2011
Fill Up Share Foodbank Drive, 2011